Saturday, May 20, 2017

Writing a Novella

Hey all,

Recently I put my first novel onto Amazon for preorder. Now I am hard at work on the other books in the series. One of the books is a prequel to A Daughter's Fury. It's a novella, and it's a little different than writing a novel because it's faster paced. The whole point of the story is to focus on my main character's (Alex) romantic past. Yet, as I'm writing I start to focus on the supporting details treating them like the story is about them. Yeah no, that's not going to fly.

Another problem I'm having is that I don't write romance. I don't know how. I never have before. This novella is a romance, it's a steep learning curve. I want people to fall in love with Alex's love story. For me, it's the best part of the whole series (even if it isn't an integral part of the series). So many of Alex's choices and behavior is based on what happens in this story and I don't want to screw it up.

That's my biggest fear. Screwing up the story to the point that no one sees what I see. All because I can't adequately convey the story.

Thanks for listening.

Taylor.

Thanks for reading RawLitCom: True Confessions of an Aspiring Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment