Sunday, January 29, 2017

Halfway Through

  Dia duit (hello in Gaelic),

I'm half way through draft # who knows. This round of edits has been insane! It makes all my other drafts look like cake walks. The time I spent way from my novel did me a lot of good. When I got back to it and started reading I tore into it, there has been no mercy. Before, if I read something, something that I wasn't completely happy with but it was adequate I left it. That is not happening this time. This novel is going to be the absolute best that it can possibly be. Plus, I really only want there to be one more draft. I'm tired and I want it done.

I love writing and editing with either a TV show, movie, or music playing. I recently finished this TV show on Netflix and I loved it. I wanted to listen to music while I continued to edit though. I just didn't know what I wanted to listen to. Correction I knew I just didn't know what it was called or where to find it. So I went on to Pandora just hoping maybe I could figure it out. There is was on my recommendations. Hans Zimmer (composer) radio. It is perfection.

I'm done going through my book. Let me tell you if I had used a red pen it would've looked like it was hemorrhaging. Now comes the kind of easy but monotone point making all the changes onto my computer. So fun... but hey after that I get to work on developing the next book in the series for a week or two. Then comes the last draft (fingers crossed) where the book gets polished and gorgeous.

It is time to begin updating my computer. Let the games begin!

Sincerely,

Taylor

RawLitCom: True Confessions of an Aspiring Author

No comments:

Post a Comment