Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Drafting Cycles

Hey there,

Recently I read a blog about drafting cycles. A way to write more than one book at a time. The point is, is to maximize your time and get more books done. When drafting it is imperative to take breaks from your manuscript to gain clarity. This technique is to use that down for another book. It goes like this.

Project 1- Draft #1
Project 2- Draft #1
Project 1- Draft #2
Project 2- Draft #2
So on and so on.

I recently started doing this. Before, I was being naughty and not writing in between editing round. I started a lot of bad habits when I started writing my first book. I've been reading blogs and trying to break my bad habits to become a better writer. I believe this is one will help me considerably and it has. I once read that your imagination is a muscle you have to use it every day. I have been a good girl and have been working every day. Whether it's editing, logging the edits in my computer, building my story, creating a plot line, and writing.

I finished the latest round of editing. (Hopefully the second too last!) The next day I started work on the next book on the series. I won't be following the plan above perfectly because, I am on a deadline and I am going to meet it even if it kills me.

Thanks for reading RawLitCom: True Confessions of an Aspiring Author

No comments:

Post a Comment