Wednesday, June 14, 2017

And I Thought I Was Nutty Before

Hello,

Recently I published my first novel (squeal). I am insanely happy about this but, I am a little obsessive with my sales dashboard. When I say a little, I mean a lot! I have to physically stop myself from reloading the page every ten minutes. The dashboard only refreshes once a day. Yes I know this, yet I can't stop myself from checking, every ten minutes. It's terrible.

When I'm not itching to check if anyone bought my book, I'm stressing about finishing the next book in time. I love schedules. I like meeting deadlines. I work hard to meet deadlines, but sometimes unavoidable things happen. Like going on vacation for the weekend (without my laptop) and then that weekend vacation turns into a two week road trip from hell (without my laptop)! I went from being able to meet my deadline with ease to racing against the clock. Then I go and do something foolish like adding another chapter. Idiot party of one. Thankfully, it's not all in vain because, that chapter I added is awesome, if I do say so myself.

All for now,

Taylor

Thanks for reading RawLitCom: True Confessions of an Aspiring Author

No comments:

Post a Comment