Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Starting Over and Waiting

Hello,

After I finished sending out queries to agents I started working on my second book again. Kind of. Okay. I confess I looked at my second book maybe twice. I have been thinking about writing though. I know it’s horrible. I really need to learn better discipline. From today on my old routine will be re-established! I have work to do I can't be my normal lazy self. I do not want it to take another four years to write a book. No way, over my dead body.

Ha, I actually have a joke running with my friend Marie and my dad. I told them that even if I die all the work is done on the first story for it to be published and if it was good enough I have enough notes, research, and outlines written out for the rest of the series that a ghost writer could take over. Marie liked that joke. I don't think my dad appreciated it though. I wonder why? I'm kidding.

It has been a few weeks and I have gotten a few rejections. Which is surprisingly nice. I rather be told no, and be able to cross them off my list than to wait for months on end hoping. I haven't broken done into tears either which I definitely thought would have happened by now. Ha, give me three months more months and more rejections and I'll probably break down. Not looking forward to that. I hate crying, it gives me a headache. Fun times there. Scientists say crying is good for you. I don't believe that nonsense. Headaches and snot, gross and no thanks.


 Thanks for tuning into RawLitCom: True Confessions of an Aspiring Author. 

Have a good week people.


No comments:

Post a Comment